Thursday, June 25, 2009

Please dont let this be an indicator.

My poor kid. He has had his ass kicked over the last 5 days. I'm praying to anyone that is listening, that this isn't how the entire summer is going to go. Lets see, so far he has...

  • Had poison Ivy all over, and I mean ALL OVER. Yes, even on his bits. Trip ONE to the Doctors.
  • Had a tick on his ankle. Which is now red, so I'll be watching it over the next 24 hours to see if it does anything or if he had just scratched it. I see a dr's appointment in our future...
  • A leech on his knee.
  • Many, many cuts and bruises.
  • Fallen out of bed and smashed his face on his nightstand at his fathers.
  • Gotten soap in his urethra while washing himself in the shower, which resulted in a trip to the ER, because dammit, I don't have a penis and I didn't know what to do with my sobbing 8 year old.
  • Re caught poison ivy because his father didn't do the one fucking thing I asked and change the kids goddamn sheets at his house! Its now all over his face and his eye is swollen. Yesterday he looked like a boxer. With the cream applied, its looking better today. Trip TWO to the Doctors.
  • And now, his lip is infected from where he fell out of bed and put his lower teeth into his bottom lip. Thankfully, Dr.B is just calling in an antibiotic and NOT making me bring him in for the third time.

Please, please, please let this be it. No more.

15 comments:

cozzie laura said...

Want me to vouch for you when the social services people come knocking at your door?

Kahla said...

Ouch, poor guy! Hopefully it'll be uphill for him from here on out!

Sarah said...

Laura- Not funny.

Kahla- Yea, I feel terrible for the poor kid.

Liz said...

Ouchy. Poor boy. (But at least he is washing himself properly - if over carefully - to get soap there).

Lea said...

OMG, Sarah! Poor guy. I hope everything from here on out is a-OK. Ouchie.

Paula Keller said...

Ugh! I hope things start going MUCH better for him!

Chelsea Lietz said...

poor kid! I don't have a penis either, but that bit sounds painful.

Sarah said...

WFI- Yes, he is squeaky clean. Now if he could remember to wash under his neck and behind his ears...

Lea- Me too! I told him he was done. No more for the rest of the summer. He just laughed at me.

PJ- We do too. Thanks!

Chelsea- Yea, I guess its similar to getting soap in your eye, but worse. Much worse. Ugh!

Caz said...

Your poor little man.
That is insane!
I hope he feels better soon, and your whole summer doesn't turn out like this!
EEEP

Stimey said...

Oh dear lord. Your poor guy. It sounds like he's done his time for the whole summer by now.

Casey said...

Boys. You should invest in a good old bottle of "ivy dry" for any further bouts of poison ivy. Sells over the counter, works WONDERS!!! They even sell a sunscreen/cream to apply before you might go anywhere to be exposed to prevent the poison ivy to begin with. A leech on his knee...ick. How in the heck did that happen? I would have FREAKED! I am hoping that his summer goes better from now on, sounds like he's gotten a whole years worth of injuries packed into a couple weeks!

Courtney said...

Poor thing!

How do boys get into posion ivy???- my hubby gets it every year!! I **knock knock on wood** have never had it!

Sarah said...

Caz- I've seriously considered putting him and I in a bubble. Safer that way.

Stimey- I think hes done his time for this AND next summer. Enough already.

Casey- I have Ivy dry, and I personally love it. However, you cant put Ivy Dry on penises and eyes. That spells screaming 8 year old.
The leech, came from Bantam lake. FREAKIN NASTY!!

Courtney- He is outside a ton, and adores the woods. Which he obviously did not get from me. I keep asking for my very own protective bubble for every holiday and have yet to get one. I get poison ivy just about every summer, mostly from gardening. I dont think there is any here though. At least not that I have seen.

Casey said...

Yes, I definatley would not recommend using the ivy dry on any tender member of one's body. That makes a whole 'nother trip to the er!

Ginny said...

Oh my dear god, that poor kid! And yeah, the penis thing would have made me go to the ER too. Anything to do with penii is mystifying to me.