Sunday, April 18, 2010

What the hell are you DOING in there?!

I went for my final follie check yesterday. The woman who did my ultrasound, either had no fucking clue what she was doing or was really thorough. I personally think she didn't know what the hell she was doing. She hung around in my vag entirely too long! Like 8-10 minutes! I was highly UN-amused. I honestly don't think she knew how to work the computer. She tried to bluff. But I mean seriously. I've done this enough times to know what the hell is going on. And SHE clearly didn't know what the hell was going on. Long story short, after conferring with someone who DID know what was going on, I found out I have 2-3 viable follicles. Which is better than one stupid, gonal-f stealing follie from last month.

So, I did my trigger shot last night and I go in on Monday for my fourth and final IUI. The next step is without a doubt IVF. And once again, I've got zero faith that this one will work. Its just a feeling. And if this one doesn't work, I'm taking a break. For at least a month or so. I need to lose weight. I've gained "a bit" over the last few treatments. And by "a bit" I mean WAYTOOFUCKINGMUCH!! *sigh*

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Think about this quote for a second and ask yourself, does this quote apply to you? Because, it sure as shit applies to me. And apparently my doctor. I am clearly fucking insane. Clearly.

3 comments:

Paula Keller said...

I know I've told you this before, but I had that whole dominant follie thing. It's frustrating. But 2 or 3 is perfect for IUI! Soooooo hoping this is it for you and you don't have to go through IVF.

If I had any clue how hard it was to be pregnant (and with twins), I'd have lost some weight before cycling. But no, I was all "well, I'm gonna gain anyway"! Oh well.

Sarah said...

PJ- I know that 2-3 is the perfect number for an IUI. I'm just discouraged. Meh

Courtney said...

Sarah- I am sorry. I wish I had words of wisdom, but I don't. I know it is frustrasting (been there wore that asshole of a t-shirt) and as for being insane- aren't we all while dealing with IF?

I hope this IUI works and knocks you up!