Monday, October 8, 2012

OMG you guys!!

  I did it.  I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up.  Not only have I figured it out, but I've started taking steps towards achieving it.  I registered for college.  Whaaaaaaat?!  I know!  Me.  College. Its cray cray! 
If everything keeps moving forward the way it has been and I dont meet too many obstacles, I'll most likely be starting school 10/29.  OF THIS YEAR! Thats 21 days away.  Gah!  Just a few things to get in line first.  And even if I cant manage to sort things out before the 29th, I'll still be going to college, I'll just have to wait until Jan.  Either way, I'm doing it. 

I've already taken my placement exams, which was a train wreck!  I did really well on the reading comp, even better on the writing comp, passed the "basic math" and totally bombed the algebra portion.  A little back story on me, I dropped out of school when I was 15 years old.  I never DID algebra.  Like ever.  So when I opened that portion of the exams, I literally felt like I was staring at ancient hieroglyphics! I googled some of it and guessed at the rest. Oh, hello, fail! But whatever, I'll just need to take some algebra classes.  No big.  I hope.

Oh...you're probably wondering what it is I've decided to do, huh?  Well my lovelies..I'm going back to school for Mortuary Science.  Yes, it is what you think it is.  I'm going to school to become a mortician.  Its something I've had an interest in for a long time (it all started when the movie My Girl came out in 1991 and was reignited when I watched the series 6 feet under), and I've finally decided to just go for it.  I mean, I aint gettin any younger.  I need a career, not just a job.  And this field is basically recession proof.  You cant escape death. We're all gonna die eventually. 

So thats what I've been working on (well some of what I've been working on) lately.  

Wish me luck! :)  Its gonna be a long hard road, but its so worth it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm super excited for you going back to school! And is it weird if I say, I think you will be a good mortician? ;0)

Sarah said...

Hahaha! No, its not weird at all! I think I will be too. :)

networkace said...

nice blog

Unknown said...

i like your blog

BIOSKOP ONLINE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Its been a while, and I miss your blog. I hope everything worked out for you because your blog helped me through the most difficult time of my life so far and I need to know that you are happy. Time for another page?? :D