Friday, December 26, 2008

And its done.

Weeks of prep, stress, and hub bub.....and its finally OVER! Thank goddess!

Christmas was a success with the monkey. Santa was the man as usual. The kid made out like a bandit.
Between us, my parents, his aunt and Santa he was super happy with his Christmas haul.
I have a feeling this may very well be the last year Monkey believes in Santa. The mommy in me is sad about that. However, the selfish part of me is kinda okay with it.
Mom and Dad are forever doing battle with that fat bastard to make sure we don't look like total shmucks come Christmas morning. I make piles....Santa's pile obviously cant be smaller than our pile. But I don't want it to be to much bigger than ours either. The squeals come Christmas morning are great, but there is a small part of me that thinks "Hey!! I bought that! It was me that listened to you all year, and remembered the things you were eyeing! I wrapped all of those and lovingly placed bows and ribbons on them! I'm the one that had to put an old lady in a choke hold to get that for you! It was ME!! I did all of it." But instead, I gasp and OoooOOoo and Ahhhhhh. Because I'm mama. Its what I do. And I do love hearing him Christmas morning run down the stairs and yell that Santa did indeed stop by and place presents under the tree. I love hearing him exclaim that Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk. Its a great feeling.
Maybe next year I'll get the credit. Maybe not. Either way, he is happy. And thats the best Christmas gift ever.

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas, Kwanzaa, Yule whatever is is that you celebrate....hope it was happy!

And now, the countdown to 2009 begins. Hopefully its better than 2008..or 2007 for that matter.

P.S...I would like all the Christmas music to cease. Please and thank you! I'm over it. Enough is enough.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered how you Mama's do it, not being able to take the credit for some cool gifts from Santa! LOL

Glad you had a great Christmas (and I TOO am so thrilled it's over!!).

Paula Keller said...

I always love the peace of January after the holidays are over!

Glad your Christmas was a good one.

Stace said...

Merry Christmas! So glad your Christmas was so great!! Hope 2009 is fabulous for you as well. :)

Liz said...

Happy New year. (And I'm not just talking about New Year's eve).

Martin said...

Good on you, Santa is a champion.

'Murgdan' said...

Ahhhh..a cleansing breath after all the Christmas madness. I was so happy yesterday to turn on the radio and NOT hear Christmas music!