Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Well hello there, Sexy. Long time no see....

I was looking in the mirror yesterday and I saw something that caught me off guard.

I saw me.

The me I've missed so much. There she was smiling back at me. Bright blue-green eyes. Pretty little freckles. Nice full pink lips. Tiny turned up nose. Long dark hair draped over her shoulders and down her back. Soft pale skin. Defined jaw line. A slender, sexy neck connecting to slim shoulders and collar bones. There she was. She was there and she was gorgeous. Fuck, I've missed her.

Its been so long since I looked in the mirror and actually liked what I saw. Honestly, I cant even remember the last time.
But yesterday? I loved* what I saw. I saw me. Not the me that was there just a few short months ago. Not the me that looked like a bigger me ate me.

Just me.

The way I'm supposed to be. Well, almost. Just 21 more pounds to go (yes, I realize that number has changed. I changed my goal weight.)
Damn, it feels good to like the way I look again.



*This euphoric feeling is subject to change on a daily basis*

25 comments:

Liz said...

Hello you. (I won't let the husband read this post in case he gets he gets a response in his nether regions!)

Whenever you post pics of yourself I always think you look pretty good, glad you can see it again too.

(And I fucking love you for your comment on AAYSR)

Sarah said...

WFI- Thanks love. And I speak the truth, be it here or AAYSR.

cozzie laura said...

I was looking at myself in the mirror once and making ugly faces and squishing fat (admit it, you do it too) and my hippy mother said "If you took all that energy that you expend on self-hate and just did something nice for yourself, you'd be amazed at the changes"

Sounds like you listened to my mom.

Sarah said...

Laura- Oh totally! I pinch all the spots I dont like, and then try to hide it. lol.

Paula Keller said...

LMAO @ your comment thing "people said some shit"!!!

That's AWESOME that you have lost so much and are feeling so good about yourself! I'm so proud of you!

Sarah said...

Thanks PJ, I'm pretty proud of myself. =)

Lea said...

I'm sad that we don't get to see progress pictures. :( But that's OK. I'm happy for you!!!

Sarah said...

Lea- Y'know....I was thinking about doing that. I just wasnt sure that anyone really wanted to see pictures...Hmmmm

Courtney said...

I have always thought you were hot so nnow I bet you are SMOKING HOT!!

CONGRATS on the weight loss as I know that shit aint easy! It is much easier to get fatter- why is that?

I will be back on SOuth Beach when I can cause it was good to me!

Casey said...

I am happy that you found your smile :)

'Murgdan' said...

Good for you. That is incredible...wish I could see 'me' again.

Megan said...

Congratulations!!! Persistence is the key!

Gwen said...

I'm so happy that you're happy.

Chelsea Lietz said...

very happy for you!

Sarah said...

Courtney- Tell me about it. It was soooo much easier and rather enjoyable getting fat. Losing the fat however, not so much!

Casey- Me too! Bout time the fat Sarah spit out the old Sarah.

Murgdan- Thanks hun! You'll see you again. After you have yourself a pretty little baby. I'm not even trying right now. SO focusing on my weight loss is my current obsession.

Megan- Yep. So far so good.

Gwen- Thanks.

Chelsea- Thanks hun.

Rassles said...

Work it. Work it all over.

Heather T said...

U go, girl!
p.s. great blog;0)

Sarah said...

Rass- Oh I'm working it...

Heather- Hey thanks for reading!

Martin said...

heh.

funny comments.

Sarah said...

X- Laugh it up.

urbanvox said...

heeyyyy... sexy!!!
how you doin'?!?!?!?
*winks Joey Style*
;)

Sarah said...

Urbanvox- Heh. I used to have this weird crush on Joey.

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

I need to feel that way again. Can you send me some of your motivation? KTHX.

Sarah said...

Kelley- Make a deal with ya...you tell me how to make MY hair, look like yours and I'll pack up some of my motivation and send it your way. Sound good?

Kahla said...

WTG!!! I'm very impressed, you are doing great!