Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Its official.

I have officially had it with Walgreens. This past Saturday, I put in my two weeks notice. Sorta. I will continue to work there one day a week(ish) just for a little extra moolah.

What am I going to do with my time you ask? Well for starters, I've got another job. I will be working in a very classy salon as the receptionist/assistant. I've done that type job before, many years ago. And I loved it. I really like all....OK most of the girls there. (whatever. Cant win 'em all) The salon itself is gorgeous. Oh and its owned by my sister! Bonus? Uh...fuck yea.

And then? In August, I will be taking a makeup artistry course. Yea, thats right. I want to be a makeup artist. Its always been something I've loved. Makeup that is. And now, I'm going to put it to use. I'll be doing makeup for the salon part time once I'm certified.

I'm actually kinda excited.

In the world of TTC, nothing is going on right this very second. I'm waiting for the red menace to show so I can call to set up the "mock transfer". Which quite frankly, I am not looking forward to. Actually I think I'd rather snort salt. You ever snorted salt before? Its NOT pleasant. Trust me.

I just don't want to do this anymore. I'm feeling sorry for myself and I'm sick of having to do things like stab myself in the belly with hormones. I'm sick of people sticking things up my vag that do not belong there. I'm sick of so many damn people seeing my vag. I mean over the past 3 years, at least 14 (probably more but I've lost count) fucking people have seen my lady bits! Not counting my husband. Thats rifuckingdiculous. Seriously. And I certainly do not want to go have my damn uterus filled with saline. That does not sound like something that should be on my list of things to do this summer!

I just don't want to do IVF. There. I said it. I don't. It sucks.

However, I know that I need to do it, y'know...if we want to have a baby sometime in THIS lifetime. Fuck fuckity fuck. And Fuuuuuck.

But y'know, other than that.....lifes good. I'm happy with the direction MOST things are going.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I love being a makeup gal! Good for you!
Nothing like a job that you actually enjoy...makes the days fly by. As much as I hate retail, I love what I get to do with clinique, so it makes it all worth it.

Rooting for you with this transfer. You seriously deserve it!

Amy said...

Good for you for getting (mostly) rid of the job you hate. And being a make-up artist sounds AWESOME!!!!

I'm sorry the IVF is doing a mind fuck on you :(

Liz said...

Great news about the job. I think the swine flu epidemic almost finished you off, so get out before the next health scare!

Totally get you about IVF. I don't want it either, but looks like we don't have a choice. And I know if I don't try I will always wonder ...

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new job and mostly stopping your old one. I hope you enjoy it.

Jane G said...

Congrats on the new job. And the upcoming makeup artistry course. It sounds like the makings of a wonderful career change.

I know what you mean about IVF. I don't know yet if it's a road we will have to go down, but it's a daunting one alright. Hugs to you xx

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you are changing careers and are excited about it! I wish you lots of luck in your new venture!

I'm sorry that you have to do IVF too. I think it sucks. On the bright side, at least you have some experience with the injections already. If you can call that a bright side. Really hoping this does the trick for you!

Kansas said...

Way to take the bull by the horns and quit the job you hate. I love it!