Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm sorry, what?!

So, when I said I was going to try and write every day, what I REALLY meant was I'm going to try and write as often as I have time/remember. And I just so happened to have remembered today! Huzzah.
Not to terribly much is going on, same shit different day for the most part. Still taking ridiculous fertility vitamins that thus far have done diddly. But oh well, they aren't hurting anything. Still going to keep trying. Though I have to say, I'm am now feeling a little hesitant. I just found out I am technically considered obese. Yes, thats right OBESE. I couldnt friggin believe it. But I am considered to be "grade 1 obesity". I mean I know I'm a bit heavier than I probably should be, and I have a bit O junk in my trunk, but OBESE? Damn. That was a huge slap in the face. Is that why we arent pregnant? Because I'm OBESE? My BMI is over 28. My skinny ass husbands was hardly over 21. It made me want to force feed him.
Wanna find out yours?

1.) Divide weight in pounds by 2.2--this is the KG
2.) multiply height in inches by 0.0254 and then multiply that number by itself--this is the M2
3.) divide the KG by the M2---this is your BMI

25-29.9-----grade 1 obesity
30-40------grade 2 obesity
over 40----grade 3 obesity (morbid obesity)

I'm sure there are factors that affect the outcome of this number but still, to know that I am THAT fat is a kick in the crotch!! I'm not okay with it at all. I dont feel that fat. Not at all. I feel chunky. A friend of mine told me I'll always have love in the black community (he's black) because I have a big ass. And while that is somewhat flattering, I dont wanna be FAT!! Not to mention that IF and when I do finally get pregnant I will most likely have gestational diabetes again. I dont need to help that along by being significantly over weight. I dont think I'm willing to be over 200lbs. My body wouldnt appreciate that at all. Neither would my husnband. Ugh.

On a different less annoying note, we made homemade black raspberry jam last night. Monkey picked all the berries and we yeilded about 9 jars. Pretty cool. I felt so domestic. And its so fun to do things like that all together. Y'know?

Well, I need to get my big arse in gear.....

No comments: